2017 AAUW NATIONAL CONVENTION
JUNE 14 -17, WASHINTON DC
Registration is now open!
Click Here for more information!
AAUW Annual 2017 Art Contest
Submission Deadline– January 31, 2017
Voting period – February 6–28
Winner announcement – Early March
As the year comes to a close, it’s time to look back AAUW’s achievements which is the ultimate hard work of all of our members and supporters. Without their support, the success of the last year would not have been possible.
- 200,000+ messages went out to state and federal legislators.
- 6 states passed new equal pay laws in 2016.
- 714 resource guides were delivered to Title IX coordinators in 29 states.
- 2,200 signatures collected on AAUW’s petition urging Anheuser-Busch to sign the White House Equal Pay Pledge.
- 44 years of Title IX celebrated with Senator Harry Reid.
- 900+ get-out-the-vote events organized by members in 46 states.
- 19 AAUW members were elected to state legislatures.
- 12,000 young women and girls were empowered through AAUW’s leadership programs.
- 11,460 women learned to ask for the salary they deserve through AAUW salary workshop negotiations
Continue Reading …
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
AAUW Value Promise
By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women and girls have a fair chance.
AAUW Vision Statement
AAUW empowers all women and girls to reach their highest potential.
AAUW Diversity Statement
AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.
For 130 years, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. Our commitment to our mission is reflected in all aspects of our work.